Well, everyone faces adversity. On the way to achieving your dreams, you will have some rough times. How to keep your motivation running?
- Remind yourself why you do what you do. It was Nietzsche who said, ‘If you know the Why for living, you can endure almost any How’. What really drives you? What is the big purpose behind your actions? When you can see a meaning to what you are doing, you’ll feel you are on the right road.
- Take full responsibility on your current situation. Take responsibility on your successes and on your failures. When you act this way, you will feel more confident and energized. You will know that your actions have a direct impact on your life circumstances. Therefore, you will make an effort to move on the right direction.
- Give thanks for what you already have. Don’t take anything for granted. Keep in mind that your main purpose is to be happy. If you wish that to happen, you need a more positive outlook on life. When you feel happier, you have more drive to achieve more goals. It’s a magic circle.
- Watch your progress. You need to celebrate any progress you make. In fact, there will be many times that it will be hard for you to feel any progress at all. This is where faith comes along. Faith will carry you, when you can’t feel your progress.
- Never give up. If you really want something, you must not give up. Everyone faces adversity, that’s a fact. But, you must keep going until you get what you want.